It was for a university project in second year (now graduated)
It was quite fun to make but i wish I'd created a better armature.
Here's what happened.
|I first created my puppet out of Plasticine with a very basic wire armature.|
I then took a big wooden board and covered it in clay, i placed the plasticine figure on top of it.
|I then built up with the clay all around the puppet so that i could cover it in plaster to make a mould for the foam latex.|
|I then built up walls using blocks of wood and sealed the edges.|
|I then filled the box with plaster and waited for it to set.|
|I then had a plaster mould.|
I took out the Plasticine and did the same thing for the other half of the puppet
|I then put my custom built armature inside the mould|
This was then pressed together with the other half of the mould and foam latex was injected into it and cooked in a special oven.
The link for the film can be seen here: https://vimeo.com/24355426