Friday 19 June 2015

Big Baby Madness: Making the baby!


Hello everyone, if you've been following my posts, you'll know that i've been working on a short project for the monthly competition the 11 second club.
I'm doing the animation in two sections, the mother and the baby. Since the baby's part is shorter I thought I'd do him first to get him out the way. I've finally gotten around to puppet making and sorting out his animation.
I documented the process as I went to show my progress.
Here's how I've been getting on!


Starting to build the baby's head with mixed plasticine 

Here's his finished head, all that's missing are his eyebrows which will be added later
Some replacement mouths

Building up the baby's body


There was no need for legs as he would only be shown from waist upwards.

I then built some simple props for the animation:

Some building block toys 

A cot for the baby with bee design

Here's my final set up, a simple set with a simple puppet ready to animate

Here he is, mid shot, in his whole 3 second appearance 
Next up is the mother and her part of the set. Hopefully it won't take me too long, there's only a week and a half left of the 11 second clubs deadline.
I'll keep you all updated as to whether I succeed or not!

Thanks for checking out my blog!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment